Girls Trip Getaways
Who doesn’t love a getaway with your best girlfriends? From vineyards to big cities, we have rounded up some of our favorites for you and your crew.
Sometimes you just need to grab your friends and hit the road. Somewhere, anywhere, that you can share some laughs and reconnect (a-la-the hilarious “Girls Trip” movie). Time is usually a factor, so while we certainly know women who make an effort to schedule a big annual trip with friends, here are some suggestions for two or three day options instead (assuming you are North American based). Have fun!
*Revisit my podcast interview with my travel buddy Laura Ferguson on frequent road trips across America and girls trips
The Beach Trip
- Miami – Always a fun time, from South Beach to the Wynwood art district.
- Los Angeles – Beaches galore with a growing cultural scene from food, galleries, live music
- Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, Nantucket – Adorable, and close together. You can choose one or bounce around
- Folly Beach, Kiawah Island – South Carolina offers some stunning beach front in a calm environment
- Mexico* – International, but easy flights to beautiful Tulum (east) or Punta Mita & Sayulita (west)
- Costa Rica* – International, but closer than you think, with stunning beaches, surf, food, hotels
- Anguilla & St. Martin* – Quick flight from the east coast, and certainly many beautiful islands to choose from, but the beaches in Anguilla are something else, while St. Martin offers nightlife! They are just a quick boat ride from each other
The Vineyard Trip
- Napa Valley – Head north from San Francisco for breathtaking scenery in Napa and Sonoma Valley. Read tourism ideas here
- Santa Barbara – Wine from the South, head out of Los Angeles to Santa Barbara, which is near(ish) other wine districts like Ojai and Paso Robles. Read tourism ideas here
The Culture Trip
The Great Outdoors Trip
- Colorado – Denver, Boulder, Vail, Asepn, Telluride! Offering landscape of arid desert, river canyons and snow-covered Rocky Mountains and featuring the Rocky Mountain National Park and the Great Sand Dunes National Park
- Montana – Big sky country with so many luxury ranch options, and so many national parks including Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park
The City Trip (North America)
- Nashville – Music City is always a winner, from food to live music
- New Orleans – The MOST fun because it is so different. Music, food, drinking bike tours…
- Charleston – Beautiful & Historical, with Savannah near by too
- Austin – Fun city with killer BBQ and bands
- Montreal – One of the best food cities anywhere, with arts options galore, in a historical City
- Las Vegas – Put your glittery dress on and book an extravagant dinner, a show and hit a slot or two
The City Trip (International)
Author: Carrie Mitchell
Carrie Mitchell is the founder and content director of L’Aventure Travel. She has traveled to over 40 countries, is the host of the Suitcase Sojourn Podcast, and author of the children’s travel book “To Be We: The Adventures of Owen and Lucy”. A writer, producer, entrepreneur, and communications strategist, Carrie is always seeking to learn from people and places around the world.